COGNAC ANYONE?

COGNAC ANYONE?
December 1, 2019 Lee Bolingbroke

Main televised action today comes from the meeting at Newbury, with the feature race the Hennessy Gold Cup (aka Ladbrokes Trophy Chase) which takes place at 3.00.

24 runners are due to go to post and it’s 8-1 the field, a reflection of the ultra competitive nature of the event.

Last year’s winning trainer, Colin Tizzard, is triply represented and trained the first two home last year so it’s no surprise to find his runners all near the top of the market. Such is the complexity of this race, without further ado, as they say, we give the three darts we are aiming at the £142,375 target, which are as follows:

On The Blind Side @ 9-1, De Rasher Counter @ 11-1 & The Conditional @ 22-1. With 6 places generally available, an each way bet on each should at least give us a run for the moolah.

First televised race is the (gritted teeth) Get Your Ladbrokes £1 Free Bet Today Handicap Hurdle at 1.50 and, although Nicky Henderson has a fairly short priced favourite in this with Downtown Getaway, we are going for another from the yard in the shape of The Cashel Man, which is trading at 8-1.

Making its handicap debut today, TCM ran Reserve Tank to a neck in its novice season and, with that horse now rated 151, a mark of 130 looks attractive to say the least. Bash it each way.

At 2.25, the Ladbrokes ‘Where The Nation Plays’ Intermediate Handicap Hurdle has a field of 11 and two Henderson horses head the betting.

Of the two we prefer the chances of Epatante, which threatened to be a class act in its first season before bombing out bigtime in the Supreme Novices, for which it went off 15-8 fav.

A mark of 137 for handicap debut could be very lenient and at 5-1 an each way bet could pay off.

We can’t leave this race without recommending a minor investment on the somewhat enigmatic Torcello, who may be in the mood. Take the 40-1 e/w.

Newbury‘s card closes with the Jim Joe Memorial Trophy at 3.40 and we think the favourite will take this.

Magic Saint has promised more than it has delivered, more than once, but after a wind op, Paul Nicholls‘ 5-y-o ran a race full of promise in the BetVictor, finishing 5th. Dropping back to the minimum trip should suit and we recommend a win bet at 3-1.

Over at Newcastle, after Buveur D’Air has hoovered up the Fighting Fifth at 2.05 the Betfair Rehearsal Handicap at 3.20 comes to our screens.

We think we may have this race covered by backing Kilfilum Cross to win at 3-1 and also going each way on Johnniesofa at 5s. Chuck in a reverse forecast and our day is done.

Summary:

On The Blind Side 3.00 Newbury 1pt e/w @ 9-1 (6 places)

De Rasher Counter 3.00 Newbury 1pt e/w @ 11-1 (6 places)

The Conditional 3.00 Newbury 1pt e/w @ 22-1 (6 places)

The Cashel Man 1.50 Newbury 1.5pts e/w @ 8-1 (5 places)

Epatante 2.25 Newbury 2.5pts e/w @ 5-1

Torcello 2.25 Newbury 1pt e/w @ 40-1

Magic Saint 3.40 Newbury 2pts win @ 3-1

Kilfilum Cross 3.20 Newcastle 4pts win @ 3-1

Johnniesofa 3.20 Newcastle 1.5pts e/w @ 5-1

Kilfilum Cross/Johnniesofa 0.5pts rfc

15 Comments

1. Gerry Olohan 11 months ago

Dear Lee
    Very pleased with your service.
    Your weekend reviews are very detailed and clear.
    Keep picking winners!
    Regards
    Gerry

2. Paul Rusling 11 months ago

Very impressed with the advice for Saturday; gave me more winners than I normally get on a Saturday. Keep it up

3. Mr Stephen Friend 11 months ago

Wow! what a great day Saturday was, Lee’s reviews are excellent I had all 4 winners unfortunately only 3 was in my L/15 but still got a great return! top service from a top bloke! it’s the highlight of my Saturday when the preview drops in my mailbox!

4. Claude Rome 11 months ago

Dear Lee,
    I find the content very informative and YES, I backed all four winners on Saturday! Hence my email to you afterwards.
    Claude.

5. R Grant 11 months ago

Hi Lee fantastic Saturday afternoon , just nice for crimbo, previews are great keep em coming Roger

6. David Veale 11 months ago

Many thanks for last Saturday’s preview, I showed a handsome profit on ITV racing.
    Just a pity it didn’t come a little earlier ( my multiple was already on) I could have been booking Xmas /Now Year in the sun.

7. Michael Gordon 11 months ago

Since starting with lee I’ve had a good return and quite a lot of wins would recommend him to everyone I know he is a good tipster

• Michael Gordon 11 months ago

Lots of winners and let’s you know in advance for best prices

8. geoff doran 11 months ago

hi lee,keep the previews coming,well re-searched and producing plenty of good priced winners.
    geoff doran.

9. R Langridge 11 months ago

Lee’s previews are informative and amusing. Even better they are regularly profitable. The each way recommendations are well worth following and I combine these in doubles,trebles, etc to smaller stakes. I had a very good Saturday.

10. Michael F. 11 months ago

Joined Lee’s service at the end of October and with the exception of one weekend the reviews and tips have both been excellent. Last weekend in particular was hugely profitable. Keep up the great work Lee.

11. David Billington 11 months ago

Only just joined but looking forward to this Saturdays preview

12. Richard Preston 11 months ago

WOW! That was some Saturday preview!

Gutted to have missed out but looking forward to the next one!

Fingers crossed!

13. Claude Rome 11 months ago

Dear Lee,
    Yes, I backed all your recommendations today including WARTHOG! Very informative.

14. John Burchell 11 months ago

Paper traded for my first two weeks with average results. Decided to mgo live last Saturday and this. Great time to put my tie in the water.!!
    Great winners both days and tons of profit.
    Keep it up Lee.
    Good old Sussex by the sea.